Why Join Us?
The essence of what we strive to do is summarised in our mission statement, which outlines the purpose of ┴˝┴ź╣┘═° BoysÔÇÖ Grammar School is:
Underpinning this mission are three key values:
- ┴˝┴ź╣┘═° BoysÔÇÖ Grammar School is in every respect an outstanding school. In teaching, learning, achievements, standards, in pastoral care, sport, extra-curricular activities, buildings and resources, the school is acknowledged to excel.
- ÔÇśThe school is enthused with a lively and open atmosphere which encourages innovation and underpins a relentless drive to provide the very best education for the student.ÔÇÖ
- One of the top 20 boys schools in the country.
- Fantastic facilities and teaching that produces top results and very successful young men and women. Every area is given the same attention and passion, whether itÔÇÖs sport, maths, languages or arts.┬á All types will ´Čünd their niche here.
- Parents agree that ÔÇśthe school is very good with its pastoral care, which ensures that any problems are sorted out smoothly and ef´ČücientlyÔÇÖ. Key words are respect and responsibilityÔÇŽ┬á The school employs a full-time counsellor and there is a pastoral support team.
- ┴˝┴ź╣┘═° has been extremely supportive to all of my sons and has nurtured their individual talents. We couldnÔÇÖt have asked for more. ┴˝┴ź╣┘═° gives every child the opportunity to achieve their potential. Brilliant!
Take a Closer LookÔÇŽ
- Come and visit, to see for yourself what it is that makes this school so special. Information about our next open day tours can be found on our WhatÔÇÖs On page.
- You can read more about the opportunities on offer in our prospectus.
- DonÔÇÖt take our word for it – Experience life at ┴˝┴ź╣┘═° through the eyes of our studentsÔÇŽ
┴˝┴ź╣┘═° BoysÔÇÖ Grammar School is an Outstanding Academy ÔÇô a free, independent state school. Strategically this status accords the Governors unique responsibilities:
- As employers, responsible for all contractual matters for staff;
- As trustees/owners, taking responsibility for the freehold of all land and buildings;
- As the admissions authority, having responsibility for the school admissions policy and procedure.
The quasi-autonomous nature of Academy status enables the Governors and staff to develop the school from the perspective of curriculum, personnel, land and buildings, and finance.