Join us for Sixth Form
Our Sixth-Form offers:
â€¢ A broad curriculum with multiple options;
â€¢ Extensive extra-curricular activities and opportunities to develop leadershipÌý skills as house prefects and captains;
â€¢ Two academic routes â€“ A Levels and the International Baccalaureate;
â€¢ A place at university for almost every student; each will leave us well-prepared and advised for that next step. Popular destinations include Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter, UCL, Oxbridge and Harvard;
â€¢ High-quality specialist teaching and nurturing to allow students to exceed their potential;
â€¢ Smaller class sizes and personalised support;
â€¢ A dynamic and vibrant teaching environment which values individuals and successful academic relationships.
â€¢ A track record of success, and our results here speak for themselves
Apply to Join Us
Find out More
Applications are welcome from external students and girls are welcome to apply for the IB too. Youâ€™ll be joining a welcoming learning community. Donâ€™t just take our word for it:
Why choose A Levels?
We regularly appear in the top 10 boysâ€™ state selective schools in the country for A-level results. The percentage of students achieving A* grades is more than double the national average and the number of students achieving A*/A grades is also well above the national average.
Possible reasons to choose A levels include:
- A very specific career path in mind, such as pure mathematics;
- Desire to narrow down subject choices;
- Studying a few subjects in depth;
- Specific subjects such as PE, Media Studies, Technology or Computer Science, which are only offered at A level at ÁñÁ«¹ÙÍø
- Students who can organise independent study periods effectively.
Why choose IB?
The IB is scored out of 45, with our average point score around 36-39 compared to 29 globally. This makes ÁñÁ«¹ÙÍø world class. And itâ€™s not just a qualification for the most able: students of all abilities make exceptional progress due to itâ€™s supportive and interconnected structure.
You should consider IB if you:
- Like to keep your options open;
- Enjoy or are good at lots of subjects;
- Want to study in breadth;
- Want to gain credit for extra-curricular activities;
- Are intrigued about â€˜learning about learningâ€™;
- Want to study a language or politics at ÁñÁ«¹ÙÍø;
- Are considering courses such as medicine, law or liberal arts at university;
- Want to stand out with your application to a top university; or
- Donâ€™t know what you want to do in the future.